The Recognition Week for the Class of 2018 ended on a delighted note with Honorees all smiles and cheers in attendance was the First lady of Sierra Leone in person H.E Mrs. Fatima Maada Bio who was the valedictorian speaker for the Class of 2018 accompanied by her humble husband the President of Sierra Leone in person of H.E Julius Maada Bio.
The Award and Recognition ceremony was hosted and co-hosted by Mariah Idrissi, a British/Morocco model and Kian Brown co-founder of The Maroon Society.
Some of the honorees and distinguished guest and entities were inducted into the MIPAD HALL OF FAME due to their extraordinary impact in their field. They are;
- African Union
- Ethiopian Airline
- Momentum Education
- Sierra Leone
- Chike Ukaegbu – Founder and Lead Executive, Startup52
- Samallie Kiyingi- Director of Legal Services at the African Export-Import Bank
- Serge Nawej – International Business Lawyer
- Seyi Tinubu – Founder Promastad Communicatio
- Samantha Sibanda Founder/CEO, Appreciate Africa. Organizer, Pride of Africa Asia Awards.
Also, Lifetime Achievement Awards were also given to the following organizations and entities;
- Bryan Stevenson & Equal Justice Initiative (EJI)
- Benedict Oramah & Afreximbank
- Kofi Atta Annan Family and Foundation
To everyone that made this Dream possible, We say Thank You. To the Honorees, Thank you for shining your light now let it shine brighter to ignite others. To our Friends, Sponsors and Partners, Thank you for believing in Us. Let’s do this again in 2019.
Nomination for Class of 2019 opens October 5th, 2018 and runs through to January 19th, 2019. Learn more about the nomination here