Yinka Lawanson a.k.a Lamboginny (stage name) is a passionate Nigerian Afro-dancehall Musician, Global Prison Ambassador and AFI Representative at United Nations in Vienna and New York, using his voice to advocate for prison reform across the world. He his the first Nigerian musician to hold a therapy musical concert in prisons in Nigeria 🇳🇬, HM Prison UK 🇬🇧 and Cheshire Correctional Institution USA 🇺🇸.
He has used his platform to secure freedom for over 120 wrongfully imprisoned minor offenders in prisons in Nigeria through donations from friends, family and musical colleagues. A total of 12,000 prison inmates (male, female and juveniles) Have been positively impacted.
Most recently, he dressed up as a prisoner to speak on the importance of prison reform and inclusive society at the 68th United Nations Civil Society Conference in salt lake, Utah U.S.A. 2019. He is also working on getting freedom for 240 inmates with minor offences awaiting trials across the 240 prisons in Nigeria in the next one year. His new EP (Album) 240 will be used to raise funds for the project.
He has been featured on both International and local media.
Ambassador for both Private & Government organization due to his contribution to the society:
1. National Ambassador to Nigeria Prison Service since 2010 till Date
2. Ambassador to National Drug and Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) 2013,2014.
3. Board member West Africa women association 2015.
4. Ambassador to Young Africa Leaders Initiative (YALI) an Initiative by the former U.S. President Barack Obama.
His Present project focus includes:
1. Advocating for the decongest of the Nigeria prisons and reform the judiciary system.
2. Renovating of the Clinic, library and classrooms at juvenile prison facility in Abeokuta Ogun State.
3. Promoting his new EP 240/ #KirikiriDonFull in advocacy for prison reform/ decongestion in Nigeria.
We proudly name you among the Most Influential People of African Descent!!